You apparently want to know more about me. No, I’m not the country singer. I’m a person of content.
Keith Anderson has more than 20 years of experience as a professional and technical communicator. He has worked in many industries including telecommunication, retail, healthcare, banking, and IT consulting. This diversity has helped him develop a broad range of experience in technology.
Keith is also a co-founder and co-chair of The Big Design Conference, an annual event for user-experience-related practitioners representing design, content, usability, accessibility, gaming, film, animation, and so much more.
Currently living in Fort Worth, TX with his wife and two daughters, he spends his spare time researching and writing.
First published in 1996, my own personal site has been an experiment in my shifting reality. To get it back online, I’ve archived everything and I’m going to prune, condense, and rework previous articles. This in itself is my own personal content strategy. Articles will begin reappearing as I sift through it all.
I have a book coming out in March 2016: Future-Proofing Content: How Context Can Prevent a Complex Digital Dark Age.
Outside of volumes and volumes of organizational content, I have published numerous articles and music reviews. There will be a portfolio in the very near future.
I’ve been speaking for more than two decades. Here are the more notable sightings:
- STC Summit 2015: Under the Influences (Context As Strategy)
- Big Design 2014: The Design of Content
- Dallas User Experience Group: Content Strategy Elevator Pitch
- Big Design 2013: Hard-Boiled Style Sheets (An Introduction)
- Results Oriented Web: Future-Proofing Content
- IA Summit 2012: Future-Proofing Content
- Big Design 2010: Just Who Do You Think You Are?
- STC Summit 2001: Open Space Technology
- Help Online 2000 Symposium Chicago: Single-Sourcing with FrameMaker and Webworks Publisher
- STC Chicago: Peer Mentoring
- STC Chicago: Capturing Screens (Tools and Methods)
- U.S. Air Force: More Intelligence Briefings than I Can Remember
Here and there I’ve been asked to design and deliver workshops for clients and professional organizations.
- Speaker Boot Camp
- Microsoft Word Boot Camp
- Big Bad Blog (Writing for the Web)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Content Management Systems (3-Day Course)
- Webworks Publisher
- Microsoft Word for Technical Writers
- FrameMaker (3-Day Course)
- Developing Context-Sensitive Help
Design and Development
I’m mostly a script kiddie. I’ve designed numerous types websites, including e-commerce, content management systems (CMS), and public forums, to name a few. I’ve put together many document, web, and multimedia projects, as well as actual PR and marketing campaigns. Again, the portfolio is coming, but not for a while as I’m writing a book.
I’ve helped organize the Big Design Conference since 2010. It just keeps getting better and more fun. It works because we aren’t attached to a formal professional organization, stuck in 1980. We curate content and plan it each year to be different than other conferences and a place where people really do learn from each other.